Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Crash & Burn: Grief seems never ending.

She passed away on July 22, 2008.
Too soon, too early, too young.
I do not understand God's plan, nor do I think I will ever.
Not in this lifetime anyways.
But life without my mom is just so hard. So lonely. So...not right.

I thought I was ready. We all thought we were ready.
The cancer...she needed to be set free. Free of the pain, and the suffering.
But once she slipped away, and the house has been quiet, and there are no more cookies backing in the oven after school, no more "just because I love you" gifts left in the morning, no more hugs, and no more "I love you"'s.
Because of all this, and knowing this will be my life till I join her again, I can't help but want to bow my head and cry.
Because no, I'm not ready for any of this.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment