Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Soul Search begins again

Dear mama,
Please be with me when, during, and as I reach my destination. I am leaving for Ellensburg for the first time since you've passed away and I will miss you whilst on my journey desperately. I remember the first time I drove to the 'Burg by myself, do you? You bought me chains for my tires that day, and drove in your van in front of me, showing me the way to the 405 entrance. I was so nervous, as you pulled over and pointed the way out to me I remember driving by you and waving hysterically and you waving back mouthing the words, "I love you!" it was so hard leaving you, all I wanted to do was look back, but I had the road to watch. Though spring had sprung, there was (of course) still snow on the pass and it was a bit hard, and a tad scary by myself, but then I noticed that I had a new voicemail, so of course I listened to it, and it was from you. I wish I had tried harder to hold onto it, who knew it would become so important now? But I will never forget the gist of it, "Hey kiddo, have a great and safe drive. Call me when you get there okay? You looked nervous, but you are one tough cookie, you had nothing but determination written all over your face. I'm so proud of you. Alright, I love you. Bye bye."

I love you too mom. 
More then you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment