Thursday, November 12, 2009

When Death comes knocking...

Another life has been taken today while another life hangs on. A mother in shock. A sister whose life has just been shattered. A father trying to keep his remaining family members together.And friends and loved ones stuck feeling helpless. Speaking fro experience, both roles are incredibly horrible to have to go through.

[Edit: My Follow Up]
I can't even begin to imagine the horrible phone call or knock at your door and having an officer of the law tell you the tragic news that someone you love deeply, has been killed. I now know way too many who have experienced this horrible pain. And it gets me thinking. The way my mom died was a true blessing. I got to say goodbye and tell her how much I love her and that I'd miss her dearly. I got in plenty of hugs and kisses (though it's never truly enough) and when she let go, she was surrounded by family and friends with a smile on her face. It doesn't make the fact that she's gone any less unbearable, but we as humans care so uch about the ending. And I know now, that I am very, very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Katie: You are absolutely right it truly tragic that Jeannie is gone, however at least we had a chance to say a long good bye. You are very wise and mature to be able to see good in even the worst days of your life.

    Love Always

    Dad

    ReplyDelete