Thursday, February 18, 2010

Most people are born into a family with two parents. A mom and a dad. That's how it is. And these two people from then on out do all they can to love and protect you. Teach you how to grow and eventually spread your wings and fly on your own.
When one of those parents dies life goes helter-skelter for awhile. But not all is lost, for you still have the other parent who will be there to carry on. However, since you now only have essentially half of what you started with, you in know in the back of your mind that once the second parent passes away you will then be deemed...an orphan. And you dread the day something awful happens to the remaining parent.
So here I am. It's 19 months since I lost my mom, and now I am sitting in a hospital room waiting by my dads bedside. Though he does not have cancer like mom or any life threatening disease, he was not supposed to be here. I am not supposed to be here. This should not be happening. This should not have happened. But it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment