Sunday, July 4, 2010

Today was an amazing day. It started on the Oregon Coast and ended as a complete circle leading me home.
As we were out on the Astoria bridge, we looked over and saw a seagull gliding in the breeze right next to us. The shine was shining down on only us it seemed. The ocean now far to the west and the river down tot he east were dark grey, black, and blue, but where we were was sun. Like Heaven itself opened up. And in good company, fun music, and the wheels of my car touch back on Washington soil, a beautiful vibrant rainbow showed itself. My mom showed herself. Just to say a quick hello and let me know she's still there. "I love you." I could hear her say. And the tears fell, and I welcomed them.
Rainbows. What an amazing gift they are. God is truly good. But I honestly believe he let me mama have the brush, cause trust me, if you were her child too, you would know that she always made her rainbows look that way. And as soon as it appeared, it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment