Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bliss.

Tonight as I got home pretty late from a wedding for yet another friend of mine I pulled into the driveway to find the house completely dark at 11:30 at night. No Acura in the driveway. Dad was still out, and Scotty was at a friend's house. So I call up my daddy and he tells me he's at the cove. He's watching the stars, looking out for shooting stars (since he's never seen one) and wanted to know if I'd come join him since Scotty was apparently on his way. I totally obliged. So I jet inside, grab Mojo and a blanket, and my brother who is almost home and we pack up my 'stang and join dad at the cove.
So here's my favorite part. Picture the big toy at the cove. My dad is laying on the slide, Mojo is on the 1st level, I'm on the top level, and Scotty is laying on his back on the rocks. And we're all looking up at the stars together, talking, laughing, catching up, throwing rocks (that would be dad and Scotty) and then mom sent us a shooting star. And she even sent one to dad prior to our arrival. He was so excited. We stayed out till 2 in the morning. I will never forget tonight. This was truly bliss.