Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's too early for an Anderson to be up...

Well hello, hello there. I'm up, and no one else is. Well, I'm sure Gary and the other daults are, but kid wise, no-sir-e-bob! What is the deal yo? Last one to bed, first one to rise? Ad it's hecka early! And on another note this Internet is annoying. I've tried to post this entry 3 times but because we all have to share, people keep closing the laptop while my blog is still uploading!!!!! It's nice to be the only one up...granted it was 6am when I started writing this, so that means...you were all snug in bed!! I've been taking this quiet and spending it on time for myself, "ME" Time, as my mom would put it. I'm reading, "Glimpses of Heaven" and keeping up with the "Purpose Driven" journal. It's much smaller and much lighter then the book. :) And of course taking time to check in with God and my mom, because this is an amazing experience, but the parts on this trip that are truly making me gasp in awe and wonder are the beautiful creations from the land He has given me. It's truly awesome.
Know what else is awesome? The food. We're like the first group of kids in this tiny town that the women have seen since their own kids went off, so they leave basket after basket of bread, soups, fruits, veggies, and nuts on the doorstep of our house. Way to go moms!
So, you're all probably dying to know the juicey details on the film aren't ya?
Well, cycling through here are 6 weeks of students. I am part of week 3, there are 3 students from 3 different arts and film scools selected to fly out here and get in on the action. Week 3 consists of 9 students from Central Washington Univ, Pepperdine, and NYU. We have been split into 3 groups, and I am in group 2: Katie Anderson CWU/ Spencer Boggs P/ and Crystal Omen NYU and we are already having a blast.
We are gophering the production of an Indie (Independent) Foreign film. It is called ,"Homme de Dieu" which in English translates to "Man of God" it's a documentary with English actor, Sean Bean. For those of you that might not be able to put your finger on it, his claim to fame in America was his role as Boromir in The Lord of the Rings. Tomorrow my group gets to go to Paris since we are the 3 that can speak (almost) fluent french, so this will be a very fun experience!
Most of you know, but I missed meeting Mr. Blockbuster himself. Darn you Jerry Bruckheimer! I was still up in the air when he graced the production team with his presence. He is in Europe for the production of a movie of his own.
Come hither so I can brag about the man who never ceases to amaze me.
--->http://www.jbfilms.com/ just a heads up, he has to do everything BIG! So the sound just might blow you away. ;)
Though it's a bummer I missed him, lets not forget God is good! I have already met him at one of the Seattle International Film Festivals last spring and that was an amazing experience! Haha, that was a phone call that awaoke my mama from one of her looooooooong naps, "MOM! JERRY BRUCKHEIMER'S HERE!! Freak out moment!" "Stop freaking out, grab some of your work and go talk to the man!!" That's my mom for ya, and that introduction has probably changed my life.
Last night was the gala event where we all got to come together and socialize and converse with the people in our desired field, and you can bet that Imade quick friends with the screenwriters. This is only my 2nd full day here and I'm in awe and having a blast! I'm starting to feel that drive that I feel I've been lacking since my mother died. I'm going to be honest with you all, I've been plotting ways to go after Jerry instead of filming this measley foreign film, but "All things happej for a reason." as Jeannie Anderson would say, so Ii'm just going to have to grit my teeth and do this.
What a long post! Don't worry, I won't be offended if more then half of you don't even bother to read this. I'm off to film on locaion!!

Love, Katie
Does it bother anyone else that this Blogger doesn't have spellcheck? It's been driving me nuts!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie: It was great to talk to you today. I always enjoy hearing your voice, especially when you are happy and excited. I just finished reading your blog and looking at the pictures. You are right England is very beautiful country. Thank you for detailed explanation. Have a great evening of dining with your friends. It appears you are making the most of this oppertunity by talking to the screenwriters, the other students and Gary and lets hope you get to see Jerry B. Again Watson is a bit lonely but other than that he is fine.

    Love Always:

    Dad

    ReplyDelete