Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good conversations.

Today as I walked along the marina after visiting with good friends, I passed 2 young boys. This was their conversation,
Boy 1: "Your mom lied to you. We don't see our pets in Heaven."
Boy 2: "So I won't see my kitty...again?"
Boy 1: "Nope."
Insert tears from Boy 2. Stupid kids. Stupid humans, why are we all so mean to one another? However, there is hope. And tonight, the hope I needed came in the form of my dad. I told him of this conversation I overheard and what he said next was like my mom was herself was sitting in the room. And note; my dad's faith in the Lord has been very rocky. Lets face it, he has every right for that. [I cannot imagine losing the love of my life to a killer (cancer) I could not protect them from. So my dad has been truly amazing.]
"They say that when we get to Heaven; people will know more happiness then they ever knew here on earth. And pets make us happy. So, there is no reason, our pets won't be there to greet us when we get there."
Isn't my dad cool? Those words were just what I needed, the fact that the words just came so freely. Do you remember when you were a child and everything your parents did and said was amazing to you? That was my experience tonight. What a great moment. I love my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment