Sunday, November 1, 2009

Warning: Topic is upsetting.

Rather then humankind, it should be humanUNkind. I have been working with 'VideoVounteers' outreach for Animals on YouTube (by the way, we are now also outreaching to those who are in need of food and shelter...World Hunger. Yes! Support!) and I just happened to watch what I thought was another 'tear jerker' video about awareness on animal abuse. There was no graphic warning in the description. What I just witnessed tonight was one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen. Not to mention it caused me to puke (and I closed my eyes and fast forwarded too, but trust me, it wasn't too hard to figure out what was happening.)
WARNING! Please do NOT continue reading if you do not to hear about gore. WARNING!
I view animals like I do children. Seriously. to me, they have this in common;they are both defenseless and innocent. They are harmed at the hands of stupid adults with no way to really defend themselves, and no real understanding of why these things are happening to them. SICK! A dog being beaten because kids find it humorous and then being killed by authorities because it attacked the stupid shits. Another dog being starved to death because it's a form of art. For four days this creature is tied to a post, starved of food and water while local "artists" admire the "artwork" until it dies. A kitten...a KITTEN, an adorable little life who just wants to be loved is decapitated while it is still alive. And the sickos who catch these horrific events on film just watch and do nothing. This America, is NOT OKAY!! I know it's horrifying to even think about, but it's the cold hard truth people. And there are children around the world that are experiencing horrific torture like this too. It's heartbreaking!! It's cruel! It's disgusting!! And it brings tears to my eyes for I know what I witnessed tonight will stick with me for a long time. But if we all just turn the other way... hello! That doesn't solve anything people. Wake up America, it's a cruel world I know, but that doesn't mean we can't at least make a difference in one life!
"I must ask, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the somewhat startled wise man. To this, the little boy replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die." Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!" Discouraged he began to walk away. Suddenly the little boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said, "It made a difference for that one."
I love animals. Cats, dogs, birds, guinea pigs, turtles, elephants, seals, you name it. God, love the dear animals and children who are being mistreated, beaten, starved, neglected. When their lives are taken meet them at the gate and take their pain and suffering away and love them. Do not let the wicked and the sinful win. I am one person, but I can make a difference. And I will. May at least one life be better by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment